The latest from the mortgage lending world, rounded up and delivered weekly!
December 8, 2017
- Learn some of the nuances of Bitcoin after its value surged recently.
- The MBA found lobbying success this past weekend when 4,300 Mortgage Action Alliance (MAA) members responded to the association's Call to Action. The affect was a revised GOP tax reform bill in our industry's favor!
- Which reminds me, don't miss the MAA's Quarterly Advocacy Update this Wednesday the 13th to hear what more they are doing to protect the industry.
- HousingWire has announced Mason McDuffie's CIO, Jason Frazier, as one of their Vanguard Award Winners. Jason is a dynamic force at Mason McDuffie, pushing the company to digitize, optimize their social media influence and to re-think old processes. Impressive guy.
- The 2017 STRATMOR LOS Technology Insights Results are out. The full results are available for purchase, however the preview shows that 32% of participants use Ellie Mae. Our question is, regardless of which system's in place, how many lenders are delighted by the LOS they use?
- Let Ken Perry cool your jets. Headlines can toss out phrases just to get a reaction from us, but often times, the facts are deeper within the article.
- Congrats to Academy Mortgage for making 18th on Glassdoor's 2018 Best Places to Work! They were the only mortgage company on the list!