Use our Industry News Roundup to stay sharp - This week we focus on the CFPB, cryptocurrency and the FHFA.
January 19, 2018
- Opinions traverse the industry with the potential nomination of Mark McWatters to the CFPB.
- The CFPB announced it will be reconsidering the Payday Loan that was just given new parameters a few months ago.
- Acting director, Mulvaney, announced Wednesday that the CFPB will be publishing requests for public comment over the coming weeks.
- Many viewpoints on cryptocurrency are out there: Here's one from Washington state issuing a caution. Here's one from UX designer, James Zdralekof enterprise software firm SAP, suggesting cryptocurrencies can be used to reimagine central banking. Lastly, hear about how the volatility of cryptocurrency could have an effect on the stock market.
- The FHFA increased 2018 Conforming Mortgage Loan Limits by 6.8% - a lag measure that the housing market is doing well.
- Upon request, Mel Watt, director of the FHFA, sent a document to Congress detailing the agency's vision for Fannie & Freddie.