The latest from the mortgage lending world, rounded up and delivered weekly!
November 24, 2017
- This past Tuesday was an exciting day at the Knowledge Coop. We invited our "seasoned" actors to join us again in the filming of our 2018 Continuing Education spoof training videos. Get ready - 2018 has a whole new host of hilarious what-not-to-do content waiting for you.
- Oh, yes - Let's not cloud anyone's cheer this year with any misplaced apostrophes!
- A student loan is often the first loan a millenial will purchase. Citibank does not set these borrowers up to trust the system. The CFPB took bold action against Citibank for these violations.
- The guys behind Model Match are getting our attention with their innovative approach to recruiting. They've taken a passive and uncertain process & given it a well founded platform that follows recruitment from beginning to end.
- First Community Mortgage stands by their name. They raisied more than $60,000 for kids this Christmas by hosting a golf tournament in their neck of the woods. We like to honor that sort of thing with a shout out. Great job, y'all!
- If you're licensed in California, get ready to learn a new version of the Homeowner's Bill of Rights starting the first of the new year.
- A fraudulent scheme emerges: A Minnesota man took advantage of the rising real estate prices in North Dakota during the height of the drilling boom. The man accepted $2.1 million to buy land and build an RV park for employees of oil companies - The whole thing was a lie.
^^The film crew, the actors and the directors all huddled together before starting CE filming 2018.