The Knowledge Coop has Christmas written all over it. Christmas movies playing in the background, a murder mystery party in the works, and presents under the tree! On another note, we also spent Wednesday afternoon in a focus group with five high producing individuals in the industry to unpack what makes a loan officer out-perform their peers.
This Weekly Roundup focuses on updates to critical systems and processes in our industry. Check it out!
December 22, 2017
- Lenders are getting an early Christmas present from the FDIC. Examination related to the new HMDA Rule and requirements will be more focused on supervision versus enforcement, giving credit to institutions' good faith compliance efforts.
- On December 8th, the IRS made changes to the Income Verification Express System (IVES). The change has lenders nervous for delays in mortgage closings.
- The CFPB leadership case goes to court and this article outlines 3 things to look out for.
- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac published a redesigned and dynamic URLA along with supporting documents. Learn more here.
- Have you seen the Updates at the FHFA regarding the Single Security Initiative (SSI) and the Common Securitization Platform (CSP)? Keep seeing them until they stick.
- Experts say this spring will be the strongest selling season since the recession!
- NEXT, the mortgage tech conference for women, is coming up January 18-19th. Wishing the attendees an innovative and progressive experience!